The first one he opened was from his Uncle Brian and Aunt Emily in Nampa, ID. It contained this really cool monster truck that Nate absolutely loves.

Thanks, Brian and Emily!
The second package contained something that not only Nate loved, but made Mom and Dad crack up pretty hard. Aunt Lisa and Uncle Matthew sent Nate this fun skunk webkins (because it stinks being in the hospital):

The skunk was accompanied by a mysterious CD:

At first we thought since all 3 year olds love a good body noise, that the CD would contain some good irreverent songs that would crack up a little boy. We were at first confused when some spunky latin tunes started to play...and then it hit us.
The CD contained four songs:
Maria, Livin La Vida Loca, Shake your Bon Bon, and Cup of Life
By the one and only, Ricky Martin (who I bumped into in the airport in Ecuador on my mission, by the way).
Angie and I laughed pretty hard, and then we proceeded to do some "bum" and "belly" dancing, according to Nate. It was great fun.
Thanks to all Nate's loving and supporting family members, and to Brian, Emily, Lisa, and Matthew for a fun afternoon distraction from pokey time.
Greg
--
That's awesome. I've got a good visual in my mind now of you guys dancing. I think I need to keep reading more blogs to clear my head before I go to bed.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'm so glad that Nate and Mom and Dad are laughing over those gifts. It's so good to see that there's humor in everything if you just have a positive attitude! I'd heard about this before the present arrived and was so impressed with Matt's sense of humor!
ReplyDelete