Sunday, November 2, 2008

Big Weekend

So a lot happened this weekend that kept us very busy.

It all started with an absolutely beautiful sunrise on Friday morning, Halloween.

100_1923

A day that guarantees all the candy and donuts you can eat is pretty good all by itself, but to wake up to this was amazing.

We all went over and did the yearly Halloween routine at my Mom's house. It's a great tradition. I take the kids out trick or treating while those that stay at home make donuts all night. We come home and eat sloppy joes and donuts and pick through all the candy the kids can't eat. It was great.

We had purchased Nate a Superman costume that he was very reluctant to wear, but after I told him that only kids in costumes got candy, he slipped right into it.

100_1927

His cut abs show nicely through that suit, don't they?

Here's a pic of all the smaller kids, those who actually did go trick or treating this year (Emily decided that she was too old and has left that part of her childhood behind her)

100_1930

Saturday was the day Natalie was baptized. It was a beautiful experience, as they always are. Natalie is such a sweetheart and was so excited and happy to see everyone who came to witness it. I think we had about 60 people come, which was a lot of fun.

100_1949

We then went back to the house and had a lunch for everyone. I'm sure glad we decided to build such a large great room in our home, it really comes in handy for these types of get-togethers.

After lunch, the guys all went golfing and the gals all stayed for a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Emily, Brian's wife. Golfing was a blast, and I hear the shower was fun.

100_1952

100_1953

100_1956

We ended the day by putting Speed Racer up on the big screen and the kids watched that while I watched the Texas/Texas Tech game muted and listened to the U of U game on the radio. It was packed, but a lot of fun.

Greg

--

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend. The kids look great in their costumes. I wish we could have been there for Nat's baptism. The whole family looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very special day for Nattie. You guys did a great job with the luncheon! I love your family picture, too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive