Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First Milestone

Something I thought would not happen for quite some time happened this morning. We gave Nate both of his shots, one in the bum and one in his arm, and both times he just said, "hey, that didn't hurt!" No crying or whining. I was even able to give him his breakfast shot without holding him. He picked the arm and just sat there while I gave it to him. What a tremendous relief!!!

He still has a really hard time with the blood glucose tests, as we have to prick his finger for that one. He squirms pretty heavily with that, and still cries a bit, but I have faith he'll get past that in time, too. Once we can do that without needing two people, I can feel better about going back to work after this week of vacation. (what a vacation, sure wish Angie and I were flying to Tennessee right now)

Greg

--

3 comments:

  1. We miss you guys and are sad you couldn't come out, but we are so glad you were able to be there when this happened with Nate. It's a blessing this didn't all happen a week later when you were here in TN and we'll definitely plan a different time for you to visit. It is so great Nate is getting used to this so quickly, he is much tougher than I would be. I know I can't even begin to imagine how tough it is on you guys too. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trooper! We love him so much, and we love you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive