Nat had her first dance recital the other night and it was a lot of fun. First off, it was held at the Jr. High school that Angie and I attended, and although those are without exception the worst years of my life, it was still fun to see the place. Natalie did a great job, and although the video is quite blurry at times, you can really get a feel for how hard she worked up there and what a great little entertainer she is.
Yesterday, Natalie and Erin were finding ways to pass time on a Sunday morning and they came up with a commercial for Christmas lights at Lowes. It was fun to watch them come up with this and see how excited they were to perform it. You get a real feel for how much fun they have together when they aren't being dramatic or punching each other (which doesn't happen a lot, really).
Kids are fun, and this time of year offers opportunities to watch them do amazing and joyful things. As one of my relatives recently pined, it would be wonderful to be a child again and have the things you stress about be reduced to relatively inconsequential things.
I lean too often on antacids at this point in my life, and to honestly gain happiness by doing these types of things really makes me jealous. But I suppose I can be a spectator and escape for moments with them. They are such a blessing and I love them more than I could ever put sufficiently into words. I am truly grateful every day for the gift of being a parent.
Greg
--
9 years ago
Way to go Natalie! Nice moves up there!
ReplyDeleteGood job Natalie!! Did you get there in time to get a good seat? I remember the line always started soooo early! Love the commercial, your children are so creative. Must be good parenting?
ReplyDeleteNat, you did such a super job!!! It was fun to see your big, big smile and enthusiasm!
ReplyDeleteI love the commercial, too!
@ Lia
ReplyDeleteYeah, or too much TV...
Greg, your family is so cute and so fun. I enjoyed catching up a little bit. Tell Scott hi!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post Greg.
ReplyDeleteIs that Shellie's School of Dance?
Chelsea will never forgive me for moving after 7 years of dance there. We really enjoyed it.
@ Jacque
ReplyDeleteYes, I think it is. They do a really good job.