
So there is a new restaurant that opened in Bountiful a few weeks ago that I would encourage you all to try when you are able. I'll come clean and tell you that it is run by my family - My uncle and his brother own the place and my cousins work there - but I am truly recommending it objectively.
The place is very small, it is called Mo' Bettah Steaks, and is located next to Cold Stone in Bountiful on 5th South just west of 2nd West on the south side of the road. You can explore the website, but basically, it is a pretty simple, but very tasty menu. This type of food is apparently growing in popularity in Hawaii, where my uncle's family is from, and this is the first restaurant of its kind to open in Utah - maybe the first in the mainland USA, I don't know.
It's very casual dining, Hawaiian barbecue. They have very simple plates that consist of either Chicken or Steak, grilled with one of three flavors - BBQ, Hawaiian Pulehu (which is very simple and extremely delicious in my opinion), and Teriyaki. Their homemade teriyaki sauce is to die for, the best I've ever tasted. They actually have a company chasing them down to bottle and sell it, it is so good. The plate also comes with either one or two scoops of rice, depending on the size, and a salad - either tossed or Hawaiian macaroni (again, I recommend this, it's simple, but yummy), and a drink.
The prices are extremely reasonable and the food portions are varied according to what you are in the mood for. I would recommend either Pulehu or Teriyaki for the meat flavors, and you can mix chicken and steak if you would like, which I would also recommend.
To top it off, they also sell Hawaiian shaved ice, which is no sno shack cheapo sno cone, this stuff is really good. It's hand made, with many flavors of your choosing, and can include ice cream on the bottom, or sweetened condensed milk on the top, or both. Yummy treat.
Here is their website. I would definitely encourage you to try them out. I know it is out of the way for some of you, but if you are ever in that part of town, give it a try. When I went there at first, I only did so because they were family and I wanted to support them. I'd had the barbecue for years at family get togethers, so I was used to it and didn't think much of it. But the combination here really sold me, and I can honestly say that I would love it no matter who ran the place, it's that good. (I've even talked to my uncle about helping him open another store somewhere closer to my place, I would save on gas money)
Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed.
--
Mmmm, I love Hawaiian BBQ!! We'll have to give it a try sometime for sure.
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy...when are they coming to Lincoln?
ReplyDeleteI will definitely go try this place when we are up in September and let you know. Is it anything like Rumbi's? I love Rumbi's.
ReplyDeleteRumbi's is actually quite different. The menu at Mo' Bettah's is extremely simple, which is kind of the beauty of the place. It is very very good, though.
ReplyDeleteBut I live in EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA?????
ReplyDelete