So Jacque Demille tagged Angie in her blog the other day and she happened to mention it to me. So since she doesn't do the blogging around here, I thought I would just do it for her. Those of you who have known Angie for quite some time and perhaps remember her "spotlight" done in Relief Society many years ago probably know what's coming. I'm pretty sure everything that is listed below is absolute truth, really:
10&5
10 years ago
It was 1998, and Angie was 23 years young and had been married for 3 years to a breathtakingly handsome and amazing man. She had one little superkid, Emily, who unbeknownst to her parents, was a mega super genius. She lived in Balmoral in a townhome surrounded by wonderful neighbors and friends, raging pitbulls, overzealous homeowner committee members, and serenaded yearly by the sweet sound of nitro rocket drag racing. (We really did love the place, though). She had recently been fired from her employment with the West Valley City Park and Recreations department for letting the collection pond at the end of our street grow into a carnivorous jungle of thistles and whatchamajiggies. She took up "teaching piano," which consisted of letting kids come over to our house and watch Simpsons episodes while chewing on beef sticks and drinking homemade marshmallow, cinnamon, and gummy bear smoothies. THAT was a great gig!
5 years ago
It was 2003, and the police had found out about the teaching fraud, so Angie had to spend afternoons doing community service digging out bee hives out from under the wood chips at the Barney Park. She was hospitalized 7 times that year for bee stings and snail bites, but looks back on that time fondly. Two rapid fire children had entered our life, Natalie and Erin, with the accompanying psychosis that children born 4 months apart can bring (how that happened, I'll never figure out). Angie's hip hop dancing career was just taking off.
5 months ago
Angie was spending most of her early mornings pouring water on the sidewalks next to the bus stop because she liked to watch the kids slip on the ice as they tried to climb into the school bus. I have to admit, it was pretty funny, even if we now have to spend much of our free time dealing with lawyers.
5 Things To Do Tomorrow
1. Clean out the ostrich run
2. Watch some soaps
3. Change the oil in the Zamboni
4. Buy more Sunny D...and some purple stuff
5. Record the last song for the album - Angie's manager is really on her back to get this done...
5 Bad Habits
1. Cracks toe knuckles during sacrament meeting - and then laughs
2. Gets the newspaper in her underwear
3. Licks her fingers and wipes them on Greg's glasses (I hate that)
4. Frequently forgets to feed the kids
5. Rubs bacon across the living room carpet just because she likes the smell
5 Places She's Lived
1. West Jordan
2. West Valley
3. The Juvey
4. Salt Lake
5. Riverton
5 Things People Don't Know About Angie
1. She won on "So You Think You Can Dance" two years in a row
2. She can do the splits, even when she's pregnant
3. She works at Hooters on the weekends
4. Her favorite color is "sandwich"
5. She is the most amazing and wonderful person in the entire world, and has a great sense of humor and her husband loves her so much and sometimes gets carried away when he gets a bit silly, but she is just really really the best wife and mother anyone could ever ask for and I love her more than anything, even my car.
Angie tags John Huntsman, Gary Coleman, and Uncle Rico.
Thanks for reading, this was all in good fun. I have nothing against tagging, Angie and I just started talking about it last night and the conversation got really silly, so I thought I would publish something that at least represented some of the things we got to joking about.
Greg
__________________
10 years ago
Oh that's great. I never knew Angie had such an adventurous life.
ReplyDeleteLOL...I can not stop laughing..that is the funniest thing ever...I LOVE IT!!
ReplyDeleteawesome. I love it. You've got a killer imagination, Greg. FUN!! Oh my gosh, I am so totally going to tag myself, because I am so blessed that I truly believe I would have a much more interesting list of things to say. Isn't it sad when people that don't have lives try and come up with lame things? SAD!! Anywayz...stay true to your school.
ReplyDeleteoh, that was raelynn...heh.
ReplyDeleteSeriously funny!
ReplyDeleteI just laughed my head off, that was way too funny. You guys are great!! What's funny are the little bits of truth added in there with a little play on it!!
ReplyDelete