Monday, July 21, 2008

Tarantulas are cool...

We had a family reunion up Hobble Creek Canyon a few days ago, and found a fun little surprise. Well, it was fun for me, but creeped the girls out. In a little hole by our front tire where we parked, I peeked in and saw this little guy:

tarantula

I caught it out of the corner of my eye while I walked by. I felt really neat finding it. It brings out the little boy in you whenever you are able come across one of these types of creatures - you know, the things that are creepy and a bit mysterious. Same feeling you get when you come across a snake, or a lizard, or a bat. I don't know if many girls would understand that - mine don't - but it really makes you feel alive, for some reason.

We never were able to get it to come out, but, that's ok. I was just fine with looking at each other, both kind of scared to do anything.

--

3 comments:

  1. I held a tarantula once. It creeped me out. My Biology teacher had one in the room in High School. She yelled at me. I was shaking so badly she said it was getting ready to bite me cause I was freaking it out! She was worried about the spider!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's cool at all! YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Kim, you are in good company. I had to move the car before anyone but Nate would dare to get in when we had to leave.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive