Friday, July 18, 2008

To heck with gas prices, sometimes you just have to motor...

rally5

As you can tell by the title of this here site, and by the picture that permanently resides at the bottom of this page, I drive a MINI Cooper S. What many people don't realize is that with ownership of a MINI, comes instant inclusion in a large group of true friends that not only enjoy their car as much or more than you do, but like to get together, have fun, and care about one another. It's really great, and something we never felt when we owned the Chevy Cavalier.

Once or twice a month, the MINI Motoring Club of Utah meets to do a rally, which usually means a long, beautiful, curvy drive, ending up somewhere interesting and fun to eat. Most rallies are on Sundays, and since we can't fit the entire family into the MINI, we don't attend those, but from time to time we schedule mid week or Saturday rallies that I try to attend if I am able.

Last night, Angie and I attended such a rally, and it was so much fun. We met up with a few members of the club at the new Harmons in Draper, then drove up to the old Smiths parking lot on 33rd South, just off I-215 east. After that, we drove east on I-80 to I-84, headed west to Trappers Loop (which I have never driven before, absolutely beautiful), then down Ogden canyon and met at The Burger Bar in Roy for dinner.

rally1
rally2
rally3
rally6
rally7
rally4
rally8


It was a great drive, and the Burger Bar was a great location to end. Apparently this was recently featured on a Food Network program where some guy goes across the country eating at famous "dives." This place is highly recommended. I don't know the address, but I could drive you there!

We love the MINI community and the friends we meet there. This car has provided us not only fuel efficient transportation, but a fun opportunity to meet new people, and we love it!

Thanks to "Rockin Rick" for these pictures, since I forgot to bring our camera.

--

5 comments:

  1. You guys really did go do something fun last night, good for you! I wanted to let Angie know that I went and looked at Mike's book again and he said nothing but nice things about you. That you played the piano really well, you loaned him money, you are nice, and that you helped him find the way around school. Oh, and that all your popular friends say hi to him which embarrasses him. So he did love you way back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun. And a drive like that wouldn't be as expensive in a mini! I'm glad you've found some real friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man- I want a mini. That looks like too much fun. Which mini is yours?
    I belong to a club too. It's the Grandma car club here in Richfield. I don't drive it unless I have to, but we have a 2000 Buick LeSabre along with every other over 60 year old here in town. It is hilarious, we almost look like your line of minis driving down the road together. The funniest thing is that they are all identical same model, same color. I'd rather be in the mini club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the second picture, ours is in the middle, in the 5th picture, ours is third from the front of the line. I also have a picture of my car floating at the bottom of the blog at all times. They are fun cars that come with built in fun friends.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive