Hopefully those of you who actually read this have had little boys and understand that conversations like this happen from time to time. Nate is at that age where he's more aware of his body and the differences between him and his sisters. Conversely, he also has noticed how he is similar to me, and likes to bring it up every once in a while. So yesterday he snuggled up to me on the couch and we had a short conversation that went like this.
Me - "Nate, I love you."
Nate - "I love you too, Dad. We're buds."
Me - "Yeah, we're best buds, huh?"
Nate - "Yeah, we have penises, huh, Dad?"
Me - "Yep, we do."
I haven't had many conversations about that with him, so this isn't a regular occurrence in this type of setting. Mostly we have discussed this during specific teaching opportunities, usually when he is in the bathtub, or peeks his head into the shower while I'm in there. It really cracked me up, though, how he just said this as if it was what we always say to each other when we're together. What a kid.
9 years ago
That is so cute!! I remember once when Megan was little we were having family prayers and she said something like this (she was around 4)..."we're thankful for our vagina's and penis'".....Our boys could not contain their laughter and Aaron and I struggled to hold it together! Out of the mouths of babes.
ReplyDeleteGotta loves kids and the way they see the world. I'm gonna have to make sure Phil sees this blog!! Once again, laughing, a lot!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh--I can't wait until Danny gets to start fielding questions about "things" like that. :) I'll just stand by and be supportive. 'Cause, you know--I have boobs, and I wear a bra to make them bigger. (Don't tell).
ReplyDelete