Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nat and Erin's Christmas Concert

Natalie and Erin started orchestra this year, Natalie is playing the violin and Erin is playing the viola. They had their first concert a few nights ago and I was very pleasantly surprised. I have seen elementary school orchestra concerts before, and they are frequently exercises in auditory torture. Kind of like a screaming cat thrown at a chalkboard with claws outstretched, if you know what I mean. This was nothing near that and was actually very good. I knew that the girls had practiced quite a bit and sounded great, but didn't know how it all would come together. This is a sample of what we heard:



Not too bad, especially since they've only been in lessons for a couple of months. It was an enjoyable evening (any concert less than 1 hour starts out on the right side, in my book), and I was so proud of them. Pardon the blurry video, I've not got the focus figured out with the new camera and video isn't working too well.

I'll load up some more pictures later, looks like I forgot to upload them to flickr.

Greg

--

No comments:

Post a Comment