Saturday, December 18, 2010

More Changes

So the doctor from Primary Children's called last night and Nate's biopsy tested positive for Celiac disease. So no more Gluten for our family, apologies in advance to anyone who will have the pain of dealing with our crazy diet restrictions.

Funny thing is last night after I got off the phone with the doctor I told Nate that he has Celiac disease and his reaction was "Woohoo! I have Celiac disease!" Not sure he really grasps what that means. We've been talking about it a lot, though, and I think he's starting to understand what we'll have to do going forward.

Lots and lots of people have this, there are many options for us. Just last night we came across a bakery here locally owned by a family with Celiac disease that offers all gluten free products, so we're going to check that out today.

Fun stuff!!

Greg

--

4 comments:

  1. What bakery is that? I'd be interested in checking it out. I'm sorry you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a store on 5400 South between 22nd and 27th West called "Against the Grain". They carry gluten free stuff too! Just in case you want to check it out. Poor Nate - but glad you got it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bakery is Eleanor's Bake Shop. We went there today for lunch and it was really good. It's on about 95th S and 5th W. I would recommend trying them out, a nice family. Their website is Eleanorsbakeshop.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also order gluten free "flour" products from Grandpa's Kitchen. I have seen them on Good Things Utah. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete