Here's his tentative face on the first day:

Home after the first day with his new backpack full of little fun things, his diabetes bracelet (that he didn't want to wear on his arm, so it's on his ankle), and his alien balloon supplied by a clown that came to entertain.


He didn't get a chance to nap the first day, so here he is wiped out with his binoculars:

He had a great time, learned some good things, we also were able to learn some things about new treatment options and other activities that we can participate in. It's so nice to be able to be with more people who are going through what we are, makes you feel a bit more supported and normal. It's nice to see what the folks that work for the Diabetes association and the volunteers do for these kids who have to live with so much pain and inconvenience just to stay alive. They get lots of blessings for that, I'm sure.
Greg
--
Man, I wish we would have sent Brooklyn to that! It sounds so cool!
ReplyDeleteCompletly non related to your post but just silly enough I need to make comment about but the verification word for my comment is honesti....you know Honesty! LOL...dumb I know, but it made me laugh
So glad you guys have a support system
ReplyDeleteLooks like he had a great time...love the sleeping photo! I LOVE that "bracelet"!!! Did they make those? I want to get one for Zack!
ReplyDelete