Monday, July 13, 2009

Girl Party

Natty wanted to have a get together with her friends now that school is out, so against all sane advisement, we allowed her to invite what seemed like two thousand little girls to a "late over," which is what all the kids are doing now. I really like this idea, especially when you are dealing with a large number of young girls, as the drama can get heavy after a few hours and if they had to spend the night, I'm sure we would have had some strong emotions to deal with.

Natalie worked with Angie on who to invite (everyone) and what to do. They first played a quick water balloon game, which ended quickly as all the balloons were soon gone. Next, they played a water game that apparently they had played at school on field day. They each paired up and one of the girls was blindfolded and handed a spray bottle full of water. The one who was not blindfolded would then lead the other around and tell her where to squirt. It was a lot of fun, and somehow I ended up wetter than any of the girls.



They then cleaned up the yard (very well, by the way) and came in for some snacks and spontaneous dancing to Elvis music. While everything dried off, I set up the outdoor screen and the projector and they all watched a movie out on the grass.

cimg7200

cimg7201

Nate watched on the deck from behind the screen.

cimg7203

And Emily and Amy, my little sister, watched from the inside. Emily needed a very soft place to sit, as she had earlier slipped on some spilled water in the kitchen, landing square on her tail bone. She was in a lot of pain, but seems to be doing well now. Emily was babysitting that night, but had brought the kids over to participate in the fun (thus the two little twin boys you may have seen running around squirting the girls)

cimg7199

It was a very fun night despite all the squealing and screaming.

Greg

--

4 comments:

  1. What cool parents you guys are! I love the outdoor movie idea!

    So I talked forever ago with Angie about getting together for a BBQ. Would you guys still be interested? I would really love to hang out again and see how things are going with Nate!

    I also have a question for you about Ebay. I have a friend that just saw a Project Manager position open there and had some questions. Isn't that where you work? Maybe I will send you an email in a bit so I don't ask anything to personal here on your blog!

    Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send us an email, Shannon, that sounds fun, and I'll be able to answer any questions you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times!! I love the rear view movie watching!

    ReplyDelete