The first report in this video is the video footage from the local news station here that shows Angie's brothers, Mike and Rick, coming home from their 1 year tour in Afghanistan this morning. Mike Jackson, Angie's younger brother is the one who is interviewed and who's pictures they show from their missions. Julie Baird is Mike's mother in law. She also had one of her son's and another son in law deployed with this same company. You see a short clip of Rick giving his wife Tonya a kiss and a hug when they first saw each other.
We are so proud of the work they did, and didn't mind one bit getting up and out at 4:30 am to see them in. And we are SO glad to have them home and out of danger for good.
We're really impressed that the news is still taking time to cover all of these farewells and homecomings, as it is so important for those involved, whether or not their relatives are in the companies being filmed.
Here is basically the same report in text form.
Greg
--
10 years ago
I'm so glad you posted this, I wish we could have been there. I'm so glad they are home!
ReplyDeleteIt was a wonderful, wonderful reunion. It was so special to come home and watch the news and experience it all over again. We're so very proud of Rick and Mike and we also love and appreciate their sweet wives for handling things at home in their absence.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home to them. Glad that their mission was a success!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! I'm glad they made it home safe and sound! Mike's beard looked awesome! I bet he loved not having to shave all the timed!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have them home safe! We are so proud of the work that they do and for fighting for our freedoms.
ReplyDelete