We had a funny experience at lunch today. A couple of the neighbor kids were over at the house having lunch with Nate. Before each meal we have to give him his insulin dose, and it's always nice when we have others over at the house, because he likes to show them his insulin and tends to take the shots very well because he wants to show how brave he is. The two little kids were watching him get his shot and knew he had to get it before he ate his lunch.
The little girl next to him watched very wide-eyed as Nate looked at her with a big smile. I complimented Nate on how well he did and began to dispose of the syringe. The little girl looked up into my face with a worried look and said, "I don't want one of those." Apparently she thought that came with lunch and she was probably next.
We had a good laugh about that and explained to her that shots were only for Nathan. Her little brother, a tough little guy a few months Nate's junior, rolled up his sleeve and said, "I want my insulin!" So I went ahead and gave him a dose since he seemed so excited about it.
JUST KIDDING
We just tried to explain again that the insulin was only for Nate. This dang Diabetes has provided a few laughs for us, at least.
Greg
--
10 years ago
funny! I love kids!!
ReplyDeleteSome kids just wanna be part of everything! I bet it made Nate feel good.
ReplyDeleteHow cute is that!
ReplyDeleteCarol forwarded your blog to me to read about the kids. How cute!! That little girl is so funny sometimes. I was going to tell you to send me your e-mail and I will invite you to our blog if you want. corkyb21@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with the family and tell Greg "GO UTES".
Cortnie