Friday, October 10, 2008

$3 Trees

You have to love late fall plant sales. We have been meaning to get some juniper trees to plant along the south fence to give our neighbors (eventually) some relief from us always looking into their kitchen when we are out on the deck. We haven't ever purchased them because we thought it was going to be too expensive in one shot. We have always looked at more mature trees, too, so that had something to do with it. Angie heard that Lowes had a blowout sale on all their plants, so we went over to see what they had, and lo and behold, the very juniper trees we have delayed planting were there. Discounted to $3 (regularly $36). Well we snatched up 7 of them and I planted them today.

100_1830_edited

I like how they look and look forward to them growing. They will eventually be about 15' high and 4' around.

After planting and mowing the lawn, I looked around at our newly rejuvenated yard and felt good about all the work we have put in the last few weeks. For those of you who don't know, Angie's best friend was supposed to have been married in our back yard tomorrow. With the forecast calling for cold, rain, and even snow tomorrow, it had to be moved indoors. I don't feel like all the work was in vain, though because I think the yard looks pretty good now. Maybe we'll have a pretend wedding back there when the weather clears up.

100_1810_edited

100_1812_edited

100_1814_edited

100_1813_edited

100_1815_edited

Greg

--

4 comments:

  1. The yard does look fabulous! I love the autumn leaves on the trees around your deck, and they've grown so much in the last year, too! Those new Juniper trees look so nice. Nothing like finding great deals!

    ReplyDelete