Today was a very neat day. We drove from Niagara Falls to Phelps, NY, a very short drive. We settled in, then drove over to the Hill Cumorah visitor center. This is very beautiful country out here, and the drives are very satisfying. We spent a bit of time at Hill Cumorah, watching the practices for the pageant, and looking at the Moroni monument. It was amazing being there and feeling the spirit if the location. Something I'll never forget.
We went to dinner at a great little hometown restaurant, then drove to the Smith farm. We took the tour of the log home and frame home, then went into the Sacred Grove. It is an incredibly beautiful and peaceful place. We read Joseph Smith's account of what happened, then I asked Emily to say a family prayer. It was a very special experience. The kids appreciated it, and felt the spirit. I was very impressed with them.
It was a special experience. We'll go see more sites and get to watch the pageant dress rehearsal tomorrow, then off to Kirtland.
10 years ago
Can't wait to see pictures of the Sacred Grove. It's on my bucket list!
ReplyDelete