Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nauvoo

Unexpectedly rivals the Smith farm and Sacred Grove as our favorite spot so far. I think the fact that we have been learning so much about church history, and about Joseph Smith, has made this part of the trip very special. Seeing Carthage Jail, and the Nauvoo Pageant really affected the kids. The girls all had very touching experiences and told us it was well worth the trip. The pageant at Nauvoo is very neat. I liked it much more than the Hill Cumorah pageant, but it is very different.

We are now in an in between spot, staying in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for the night, on our way to Mt Rushmore tomorrow. I have a feeling that will be a National Lampoons Grand Canyon type of visit. After seeing all the church history sites, stuff like that seems sort of trivial. We'll be ending our trip with a visit to Martin's Cove, so that should be good. Tonight we all watched the movie RV together. It's not a great movie, but we identified (sometimes too closely) with many of the adventures they had in their rented RV. Fun times.

Angie and I also realized we've turned a corner and I'm now the goofy old guy. Had a good laugh about that driving back from the falls tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment