Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hangamugabuga

Last week Emily suddenly got the urge to eat a hamburger with "everything" on it. This is a pretty big deal, as Emily has never liked hamburgers and hasn't eaten one since she was very small. Even better was that she wanted to try one with all the fixin's. So taking advantage of any opportunity we have to get our kids to try eating vegetables in any form, and taking advantage of a good excuse to go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner, we took the family out for the momentous occasion.

Here is how it went visually:

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Yes, that's a smile on her face, and yes, I think she ate the whole thing. She ended up backing out of putting onions and tomatoes on the burger, which I guess I can understand. Baby steps. Overall she liked it, but she doesn't know if she really likes pickles. Angie supported her in that, as she doesn't like pickles either.

Way to go Em! Not the healthiest option in the world, but trying new things and expanding the flexibility of your taste buds is always good in my opinion.

Oh, and the title of this post is a reference to how Natalie once tried to say "hamburger" when she was little. She would call them "hangumuhs" and we were trying to get her to say the word correctly by saying it slowly - "Ham-bur-ger." She gave it her best shot and it came out "Hangamugabuga," which made us all laugh and was really cute. I think she was 3.

Greg

--

2 comments:

  1. oooo, we just tried 5 guys for the first time last weekend. Yum! Way better than In and Out in my opinion. I love that you can make your burger the way you want it. No mayo and pickles for sure. Yes to the relish!
    Emily looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete