Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guy stuff

Guy related things that happened over the past couple of weeks.

Nate and I went to the Auto Expo, as we always do each year. He loved it. I can't wait until he is interested in more than the colors of the cars, though. This year we had to sit in all the yellow cars. None of them were worth taking pictures of, though. His favorites were the Mustangs, but he didn't want me to take his picture next to them, he was too embarrassed. It was a blast.



Next, we had a new boy join the family this past week, baby Henry, he's a cute little dude. Had to spend a couple days extra with the nurses, but he's home now, and turns out was perfectly healthy the whole time. The kids haven't seen him yet, only in pictures. Family night will be introductions tomorrow. Ellie was a trooper and has been really cute. She was pretty tired that night, but had fun playing on my phone. Brian and Emily sure have a sweet little family.




Lastly, Nathan felt like exercising a little territorial authority this past week that turned into a sweet/funny exchange. Nathan came into the living room holding a pair of pajama pants that belonged to his older sister, Natalie. He sternly asked "who has been in my room?" When told it was Natalie, who wasn't present at the time, he simply declared, with a very distinct and abrupt wave of the arm, "no one goes in my room!" He'd seen his sisters get pretty upset when their privacy had been violated and took this opportunity to make sure they knew he felt the same way.

Later that evening when Natalie came home, he confronted her about it. Without skipping a beat, Natalie said "it's ok, Nate, because I said the password before I went in." Nate immediately calmed down, smiled, and said "oh, that's ok." Angie looked at Natalie and whispered to her, asking what the password was. Natalie whispered back "I have no idea, I just made that up." It was pretty funny. What a great way to diffuse a difficult situation, she can really think on her feet.

Greg

--

No comments:

Post a Comment