
Wanted to pump another local restaurant that offers gluten free options. We had been referred to this place by a couple of people we met that have Celiac disease and they said they really liked it.
Buster Burger is located at approximately 1050 W. on 10400 S. on the North side of the road. It's a burger place that is similar in a lot of ways to Five Guys, and includes a TCBY. We found out they offer gluten free buns for .79 more per burger and so we were really excited to try them out. We packed the family up and took them out to a Saturday night adventure trying gluten free hamburger buns.
Buster Burger is "famous" (not sure if that's really the right word since they seem to be not well known right now) for having really great tasting buns. Dunford bakery makes them fresh every day for the place, and I hear they are outstanding. Unfortunately, the gluten free options don't stack up quite as nicely - but that's not their fault. Gluten free bread is not the same as your average wheat flour bread due to the lack of the glue that is gluten. So it always ends up a little rubbery, or crumbly, and has a distinct taste. I personally like the taste, but Angie doesn't. The texture I don't mind, but it doesn't hold a burger well. The texture is kind of like corn bread - great in some applications, but not necessarily for this.
So I still like Buster Burger. Their burgers are good, and good sized. Their fries are good, plentiful, and they have lots of sauce options. So overall I would say it's a good burger joint choice with the added benefit of being Celiac friendly. So for that alone I would suggest you try them out.
Here is their website:
Buster Burger
It's obviously a young place, the website isn't even complete yet. They are going through a bit of a learning curve, so the service will probably get better over time, I think. The place itself is very inviting. The kids all sat on lounge chairs around a small coffee table in front of a fireplace to eat. And it has the option of some good customized frozen yogurt if you're so inclined, so I say try it out. Try it out, I say! Sorry, that last sentence just sounded funny to me for some reason.
Greg
--
I had a gluten free cookie in Hawaii and the whole thing fell apart when I took the wrapper off. Chocolate chips and cookie all over the seat of the car, but what made it to my mouth tasted alright.
ReplyDelete