In case anyone is interested, and since there have been a couple of people who have rudely poo-pooed Angie's technique for running her marathon this weekend, she is following the Galloway method to train and run with the minimal amount of injury and maximum amount of energy.
Although there have been some that have rolled their eyes at this and made some passive aggressive remarks about it, it makes a lot of sense and is a healthier way to approach the task, especially a first time marathon. Most people actually have much faster times as a result.
So for those who think Angie is "cheating," here is the proof.
Click Here for Galloway Method
As for me, I don't think I could even walk 26.2 miles, so I think she's awesome. For the doubters, I have one question. How fast did you run your first marathon? What, you've never run a marathon? Huh, that's interesting...
Greg
--
9 years ago
Greg that post wins husband of the year:) thanks for defending our skills!!
ReplyDeleteWow. I think it is hilarious to thing there is a way to "cheat" on a marathon unless it involves wheels. I read some of the information from your link and thinks it sounds very smart. I am more in the run 30 seconds walk 5 minutes bracket myself, but will look forward to hearing how Angie does!
ReplyDeleteRats - I should proof read. above should read "to think there is ..."
ReplyDeleteWow- Go Angie. I didn't know she is running a marathon. I have only attempted running a few times this summer and greatly admire someone taking on that task. I am surprised to hear people are that rude about how she chooses to do it. She'll do awesome.
ReplyDeleteWell said Greg!
ReplyDeleteAngie is hands down the awesome-est person I know!!!
OK Greg you GOTTA post how stinking FABULOUS she did on the marathon. SHE ROCKED!!! She is one tough chick!
ReplyDelete