Monday, June 30, 2008

Emily

Emily has done a couple of pretty cool things recently that I thought would be fun to share.

First, Emily is involved in a project being headed by a task force of teachers across the state and supported by the University of Utah to collect oral histories. This year, she was challenged with creating and presenting an oral history relating to World History, which she studied this year. She chose to interview her Grandad Anderson, who served in WWII. She conducted an interview which she recorded on tape, had that interview put in document form, then put together a visual presentation that she displayed at a get together on Friday where they turned over all the histories to a State historian. It was a lot of fun for her and she did a great job. She put together her visual display very quickly, so she misspelled a few words, but overall, it was really good.

Emily's Oral History Display

Emily's class at school also performed a play called "Sumorella." It was the Cinderella story with a Hawaiian twist. She played both the narrator for some of the play, and the Manapua man (sp?), which essentially was the fairy godmother. It was a funny play and they all did a good job. She ended up having to do a hula solo during one point because the dancers forgot to come out, and nobody would have known otherwise, as she just danced away up there all by herself. She did great.

Manapua Man

Play1

Play7

Cast1

4 comments:

  1. Good job Emily!! Both on the solo hula and the oral history report. I'm polly and I don't think I have the guts to stand up and do a hula on my own.
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Emily. She'll have to get involved with the drama department when she gets to high school. Zack has had so much fun with that and Josh is going to be involved with the tech side of it coming up this school year. I too, wouldn't have the guts to stand and hula on my own either...You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. I remember little Emily back in the good old Balmoral days, she is such a cute girl. How fun to be in the play, looks like she did a great job, and the poster looked great too. It's great that she did the work herself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie. I don't know if you remember me or not. I went to HS with you and then we lived in Balmoral for a little bit together. Kristi (Newman)Amasio. Anyways, your family sure has grown. It looks like you have a wonderful family. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete