Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Warm Weather!

With the emergence of some slightly seasonal weather finally, we've broken out the bikes and done some riding! My brother, Brian and his wife, Emily (and their dog, Annie) and I went mountain biking on in the mountains above Herriman in Rose Canyon on Saturday. The ride was a bit muddy and therefore a tough uphill climb, but the weather was nice and the ride back down was a lot of fun. Only one crash resulted, and although Brian and I did not witness it, Emily seemed fine once she caught back up to us.

DSCN0586

DSCN0584

Then last night, Angie, Erin, Nate, and I took our bikes down to the Jordan River Parkway Trail and rode about 5 miles from Riverton into South Jordan and back. We stopped halfway to have dinner at Gecko's, which offers a full gluten free menu (small Mexican restaurant, not anything special, but good enough for a mid bike ride dinner). The kids did great, and the ride was absolutely beautiful. The river is higher than I've ever seen it, and it has flooded the trail in a number of places, but it's still passable and it is absolutely gorgeous right now. Still too early for mosquitoes, but warm and green. Lots of birds everywhere (and at least one snake, we found).

photo.JPG



--

Greg

2 comments:

  1. "That's a really long way!" So stinkin' cute! Can you still get under the bridges with all the flooding? We've not been down there to run cause we thought it'd be closed off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't look at the bridge under 12600 S, but I think that might not be passable. We were able to go under 11400 S, but it was muddy. The actual path is flooded, but you can easily go up over the road at the light. It is really beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete