Friday, December 11, 2009

Circle of Friends Award Tag

So I noticed today that we were tagged by our friend and blood-sister in Diabetes, Crazy-Mommy Shannon, with the Circle of Friends Award. As a "recipient" of said award, we are to list 5 things we are grateful for, which is pretty cool to do. Tags around this place can get pretty wild, so hopefully I don't offend anyone with what I am thankful for. You will probably be able to tell pretty easily if any of the given items are tongue in cheek.

What I'm Grateful For:

1 - Towels. Without them, we would all be so wet. It's hard to put socks on when your feet are wet, so towels are pretty cool in my book.

2 - My wonderful family. Even though they bust our furniture, spill syrup in the stupid seams in our table, scatter glitter throughout every last inch of my existence, and can whine with the best of them, my kids are awesome! I'm so proud of how smart, beautiful/handsome, talented, loving, and mine they are. There's nothing like being a parent. It takes everything out of you, but gives you back so much more than you could ever imagine. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. All that joy would not be possible were it not for my incredible wife, who I am eternally not worthy of and is such a great friend and companion. Her parents should be so proud of the job they did, because my word she is about as wonderful as they come. And she's a super mom too, I see her mommin' it up all the time and she's a FREAK, she's so good!

3 - Max Hall. How pleasantly surprising to find that the QB from that school down south could do so much to make a loss almost feel good. I can't say that I blame the guy for saying what he did, heck, we've all thought those things about the other school, whatever color we wear, but to find out that he HATES THE PROPHET, WHAT!!??? Yeah, yeah, I know, enough of that already, right? I'm still grateful for it.

4 - My job. I've really learned to appreciate that over the past year or two. It is very challenging and sometimes takes me to the edge, but it really is nice to be employed and paying the bills, as there are so many who have struggled with that recently. The benefits we have that now pay for so much more than they did 13 months ago alone makes all the travel and headaches worth it. I do love my job, though, and I constantly pray for those who are without. I've been in that spot before, and it is very difficult.

5 - Can I say my wife twice? She's really cool. If not, I'll just say peanut butter...peanut butter and Blu Ray.


I tag Yo Mamma

We love you, Shannon, hang in there!

Greg

--

2 comments:

  1. And this is why I think you guys are THE COOLEST!!! Great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik said, "ya, towels are pretty awesome". I would have to agree, especially with the temperatures we've been having lately. Chilly!

    ReplyDelete