
I came across this picture today when going through some old files. It was taken about 5 years ago. This is Natalie on her uncle Brian's shoulders on a cliff at sunset in Southern California. It was a great day and really speaks to how much fun we were having and what a free and happy personality Natalie has.
I've been thinking lately about the importance of providing joyful experiences for my children. That doesn't mean spoiling them or depriving of them of responsibilities they don't like, but helping them to find joy in the things they do and see every day. You can get caught up in whatever you have on your to do list, and for me, much of what work takes away of my time and my attention. I need to focus more on ensuring they have a childhood full of happiness and learning. There is so much time for them to feel the stresses of life later on. It's my duty as a father to make sure they are prepared for those times, and I think a great way to be prepared is to have a happy and confident upbringing.
There are many ways to define happiness and joy. My hope is to instill a bright outlook and a hopeful spirit in my children. I love them more than I can express, they are so wonderful.
Greg
--
Well said. Love the picture!
ReplyDelete